Pannam has made significant investments in equipment to achieve a completely digital production process. State-of-the-art digital printing presses and high-speed laser cutting fabrication equipment have enabled Pannam to dramatically reduce setup times, avoid expensive tooling costs, and shorten delivery times.
While we always place the highest priority on quality, lead time is the over-riding factor in our prototyping services. Please keep in mind that membrane switch prototypes are guaranteed to serve as proof-of-concept parts, not as pre-production or production-quality parts. This means the parts will achieve your objectives for fit, form, and function. The parts will be electrically functional, overlay colors will be reasonably close to the specified colors, and the parts may not be produced to meet exact, production-ready specifications.
Important Artwork Considerations Affecting Delivery Time
- The artwork and documentation provided play a critical role in minimizing the lead time. It is strongly recommended to supply the original artwork file in its native format, such as Illustrator or Corel.
- Convert all text to paths/outlines/curves to avoid font conflicts.
- Avoid sending file formats such as JPEG and GIF
- Specify colors by their CMYK process values or by a coated PMS (Pantone Matching System) color number.
- Adhering to the Pannam Artwork Transfer Guidelines will save valuable hours/days of delivery time.
Important Product Considerations Affecting Delivery Time
The following product features usually require secondary operations (or subcontracting) which will result in extra days of production time (and cost).
- Keypad embossing
- LED, LCD and other display windows in the graphic overlay
- Selective textures or dual surface finishes
- Embedded LEDs
- EMI/RFI Shielding
- Backlighting components such as fiber optic lamps or EL lamps
- Metal support panels (anodized, iridited, or painted) with mounting hardware
- Additional components such as PCB assemblies
Many of our competitors make exorbitant profits charging you a substantial premium for a fast delivery. At Pannam, we encourage you to just tell us your delivery requirements, and we’ll work together with you to meet your delivery date.
Contact Pannam now regarding prototyping your next membrane switch project.
Visit our Product Gallery to learn more about the various constructions and product features we can offer, and learn how Pannam can customize your membrane switch assembly to meet and exceed your unique application requirements.
Components & Options
The integration of custom components to your membrane switch assembly can often add significant functionality and enhance the user experience when operating your equipment.
Some of the more common components are:
- Custom Backlighting & Visual Feedback
- Custom Graphic Overlays with specialty printing and embossing features
- Custom Support Panels to add structural integrity to the assembly
Contact Pannam now regarding your membrane switch assembly project.