Keypad Technologies for Demanding Environments
What is PushGate?
PushGate® is a patented push-button design that incorporates crisp tactile feedback similar to an electro-mechanical switch. Parts that wear out in typical tactile designs are eliminated and replaced with a magnet-armature design. The thin profile of PushGate® switches works without the scraping, flexing, or grinding that typical membrane switch components endure.
Advantages of PushGate® Technology
- Crisp, consistent tactile feel
- Superior tactile feel that does not degrade over time
- Dependable performance over typical competitor products
- Durability and reliability
- Rated to over 30 million actuations
- More reliable than traditional metal dome membrane switches
- Eliminates material stress caused by bending and flexing of materials
- Temperature, chemical and vandal-resistant
- Environmentally sealed for use in harsh and wet environments
- Design Flexibility
|PCB Application||Flex Circuit (FPC) Application|
|Voltage||3 – 50 VDC or AC peak||3 – 30 VDC or AC peak|
|Switch Resistance||Less than 20 Ohms||Less than 100 Ohms initial|
|Thickness (typical)||0.145″ / 3.7mm||0.086″ / 2.2mm|
|Switch Armature Spacing||0.750″ / 19.06mm center spacing||0.750″ / 19.06mm center spacing|
|Life||>30 million actuations||>30 million actuations|
|Actuation Variance||No noticeable difference||No noticeable difference|
|Actuation Force||10 oz / 284 gm. / 2.8N||10 oz / 284 gm. / 2.8N|
|Switch Travel||0.012″ / 0.3mm||0.012″ / 0.3mm|
|Contact Bounce||1ms typical||1ms typical|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to +85°C||-40°C to +85°C|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C||-40°C to +85°C|
|Altitude||40,000 ft.||40,000 ft.|
|Thermal Shock||-40°C to +85°C||-40°C to +85°C|
|Humidity||95% RH||95% RH|
|Salt Fog, 5% Solution||24 hrs.||24 hrs.|
|Drop||3 feet||3 feet|
|Magnetic Material||Bonded Derite|
|Armature Material||1008 – 1010 steel with silver plating|
Set your equipment apart from the competition.
Contact Pannam now regarding your user-interface assembly.
Visit our Product Gallery to learn more about the various constructions and product features we can offer, and how Pannam can customize your membrane switch design to meet and exceed your unique application requirements.
Components & Options
The integration of custom components to your membrane switch assembly can often add significant functionality and enhance the user experience when operating your equipment.
Some of the more common components are:
- Custom Backlighting & Visual Feedback
- Custom Graphic Overlays with specialty printing and embossing features
- Custom Support Panels to add structural integrity to the assembly
Contact Pannam now regarding your membrane switch assembly project.