No matter which project it is that they are working on, electronics engineers must know exactly how the electrical circuits should be laid out and how they will work. Without printed circuit boards (PCBs), an electronics engineer’s job would be impossible. But, it can be quite a task for an electronics engineer to find the right PCB design software tools because they are so busy and there are so many to sift through.
That’s why we have pulled together 46 of the top PCB design software tools for electronics engineers – to save you time while you are designing your projects. We also realize that one software tool may be appropriate for one PCB project while another will work better for other types of projects. As a result, we have included simple tools, free tools, and proprietary tools on our list. Our criteria was simple: the PCB design software tools for electronics engineers must be intuitive, include useful features, be established enough to limit risks, and feature a robust library so they can be applied to multiple projects. We share our top 46 PCB design software tools for electronics engineers here, in no particular order.
1. PCB Artist
Advanced Circuits is the leading PCB manufacturer with the industry’s largest active customer database and best on-time shipping record. Their PCB Artist is a reliable software tool for electronics engineers looking for an intuitive, easy to use solution. Electronics engineers also choose PCB Artist because it helps save time and money.
- Components Library of more than 500,000 parts
- Free Gerber format files
- Integrated schematics
- Parts list reports in CSV
- Design rule check error report and between selected items
National Instruments accelerates engineering success with their open, software-centric platform that leverages modular hardware and an expansive ecosystem. Electronics engineers specifically choose National Instruments’ Utiliboard because it provides a rapid PCB prototyping environment for several applications.
- Seamless integration with Multisim
- Saves electronics engineers hours of development time
- Complete circuit schematics, SPIC simulation, and PCB layout in the same environment
- Accelerates PCB design with automated functionality while maintaining precision with manual control
- Compliments Multisim’s powerful SPICE simulation environment with PCB layout and routing capabilities
Cost: FREE evaluation; Contact for a quote
3. Altium Designer 17
A software company providing PC-based electronics design software for engineers, Altium presents Designer 17. This PCB design software for electronics engineers is considered the gold standard by many in the industry. Altium Designer 17 is efficient, easy to use, and meets the modern needs of professional electronics engineers.
- Leverages innovative technologies to help electronics engineers focus less on process and more on design
- Product more inspired designs by concentrating more on the creative aspects of your workflow
- Effortless design automation
- Endless engineering reach
- Intuitive team collaboration
- Verify designs in the mechanical world
- Centralize trusted design assets
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote
4. SOLIDWORKS PCB
For electronic design, SOLIDWORKS offers powerful design technology with on-demand bidirectional integration with SOLIDWORKS CAD. And, their PCB solution brings together CAD and PCB design for flawless collaboration.
- Combines the best technology in PCB design with an easy-to-use interface
- Links with SOLIDWORKS CAD for an efficient design experience
- Quickly and easily complete PCB designs to continue with your product design workflow
Cost: Contact for a quote
DipTrace is a PCB design software tool for electronics engineers that features an intuitive interface and wide capabilities. For PCB layout, DipTrace provides board design with smart manual routing and shape-based autorouter. Electronics engineers prefer DipTrace for its single environment with direct circuit-to-board converting, updating from schematic, and back annotation.
- Real-time DRC
- Differential parts
- 3D preview
- STEP export
- Placement features allow for placing components manually by simple drag and drop or automatically according to custom settings
- Fanout feature for nets, components, and single pads
- DipTrace Full: $1,195 – Unlimited pins, unlimited signal layers
- DipTrace Extended: $695 – 2,000 pins, 6 signal layers
- DipTrace Standard: $395 – 1,000 pins, 4 signal layers
- DipTrace Lite: $145 – 500 pins, 2 signal layers
- DipTrace Starter: $75 – 300 pins, 2 signal layers
A full-featured electronics design tool, PCBWeb supports both schematics and PCB layout. For electronics engineers looking to simplify hardware design, PCBWeb is an ideal tool for designing and manufacturing electronics hardware.
- Design multi-sheet schematics with PCBWeb’s fast, easy-to-use writing tool
- Route multi-layer boars with support for copper pours and DRC checking
- Integrated Digi-Key Parts Catalog with Bill of Materials Manager
BSch3V is a popular PCB design design software tool from Suigyodo Online for electronics engineers who need a free solution. A schematic capture program, BSch3V is for Windows Vista/7/8/10 and has basic functions to simplify operations.
- Basic schematic capture
- Component library editor
- Parts list generator
- Netlist generator
- Automatic numbering software
- CE3Search searching utility for CE3 files
- Source code and component library
- Suigyodo also offers Minimal Board Editor, a free PCB editor software
Electrical engineer Tim Edwards writes and maintains XCircuit, a schematic capture program for presentations and an electronic design automation (EDA) tool. Electronics engineers make XCircuit part of their PCB design software toolbox when they need to draw publishable-quality electrical circuit schematic diagrams and related figures and produce circuit net lists through schematic capture.
- Online tutorials available
- Output is suitable for publication
- Regards circuits as inherently hierarchical and writes both hierarchical PostScript output and hierarchical SPICE netlists
- Saves circuit components in libraries that are fully editable
- Maintains flexibility in style without compromising the power of schematic capture
- Especially useful for tasks requiring repeated use of a standard set of graphical objects including PCB layouts
Available on sourceforge, gerbv is an open source Gerber file viewer for RS-274X only. Electronics engineers can load several files on top of one another with gerbv.
- Do measurements on the displayed image
- View Excellon drill files
- View pick-place files
- Quickly determine conflicts before sending files to a board house
10. KiCad EDA
A cross platform and open source electronics design automation suite, KiCad EDA includes schematic capture, PCB layout, and a 3D viewer for electronics engineers. Create designs without limit, make professional PCB layouts, and inspect designs in an interactive canvas with KiCad EDA.
- Up to 32 copper layers
- Lay out boards more quickly
- Draw your track while KiCad pushes forward traces that are in the way or reroutes tracks around obstacles
- Push and shove router makes sure your DRC constraints are respected
- Footprint editor (GAL)
11. DesignSpark PCB
DesignSpark is for the engineering and maker community with free DesignSpark PCB, DesignSpark Mechanical, and DesignSpark Electrical software. Electronics engineers choose DesignSpark PCB when taking ideas from concept to creation is a priority.
- Seamless integration into existing design workflows
- No limitation on schematic size
- Use as many layers as needed for PCB designs
- Maximum size of PCB is 1m x 1m
- Create your own parts models in the library editor or access the ready-to-use embedded libraries
- Prepare unrestricted Gerber and ODB++ files to order PCBs or let DesignSpark’s PCB quote service build it for you
12. Eagle PCB
Offering 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and services, Autodesk makes electronic engineers’ jobs easier with Eagle PCB. This powerful, easy-to-use PCB design software tool makes is possible for engineers to make anything they can dream.
- Easy-to-use schematic editor to transform your ideas into reality
- Bring designs to life with intuitive PCB layout tools
- Accessible library content enables electronic engineers to skip busywork and get creative with ready-to-use part libraries
- Routing engine makes it possible to speed through complex layouts with modern PCB routing tools
- Modular design blocks for quickly reusing sub circuits that are synchronized between schematic and PCB
- Escape ball grid arrays in seconds
Cost: FREE trial available
- EAGLE Standard Subscription
- EAGLE Premium Subscription
A free PCB design tool powered by Altium, CircuitMaker also includes a community of creative people that works together to invent circuits and electronics products. Electronics engineers looking to create products to better the future often use CircuitMaker to turn their idea into products.
- Design high-quality schematics and PCBs with no artificial limits on layer counts or board areas
- Rely on the community to find reference designs and to promote and rate other projects
- Set up teams for collaborative designs
Pad2Pad is a printed circuit board manufacturer with free design software. Electronics engineers use Pad2Pad to create products using a library of through hold components, net list import, any board shape, and auto routing.
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Auto error check
- Ground planes
- BOM integration with Digi-Key
- Snap-to-line mode
- Trace simplifier
- Assorted material
OrCAD is the PCB design software tool of choice for more than 40,000 engineers. Electronics engineers choose OrCAD because it is dependable and allows them to scale as business grows. They also prefer OrCAD because it provides a complete environment, from the initial schematic to the final artwork.
- Grows with evolving design challenges and provides scalability for future challenges
- Fully integrated simulation and analysis technologies ensure first pass-success without any need for translations
- Intuitive interfaces make OrCAD easy to learn and use
- Powerful, effective functionality depth with award-winning OrCAD technologies
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote
ZenitPCB is a free PCB layout software tool for electronic projects. A flexible and easy-to-use program, ZenitPCB helps electronics engineers create projects in a short time because it is intuitive.
- Designed for personal or semi-professional use
- Limited to 800 pins
- Developed by a PCB designer
- Create PCB in a speedy, intuitive way
CircuitStudio is a professional PCB design tool for modern electronics engineers. Use CircuitStudio to quickly design advanced PCB layouts with interactive routing, collaborate with mechanical design teams, and simulate and ship advanced electronics.
- Intelligent Situs Autorouting technology
- Native 3D PCB editing and STEP MCAD support
- Integrated analog and digital simulation
- Intelligent schematic capture and PCB layout
- Easy-to-use interface and customizable workflow
- Complete design history compatibility with Altium Designer and EAGLE
Cost: FREE trial available for 30 days; Contact for a quote
Sunstone Circuits has been delivering high-quality, on-time PCB prototypes for more than 40 years. They also offer PCB123, a professional-quality PDB design software available free of charge for electronics engineers inside of the Sunstone ordering process.
- Improved polygon functions for merging, clipping, and optimizing more complex designs
- Gerber files free with every PCB123 order
- Enhanced user controls for faster rendering, smoother drag and drop, more zoom control, and unified control panels
- Slots and cutouts available in parts definitions
From ngspice, CUSPICE is available on CUDA platforms and supports hospice devices such as BSIM4v7, Capacitor, Self and Mutual Inductor, Current Source, Resistor, and Voltage Source. Electronics engineers speed up model evaluation, circuit, and right-hand side creation steps by up to three times with CUSPICE.
- hospice for CUDA platforms
- Modified to exploit the parallelism offered by CUDA platforms
- Requires an NVIDIA video card with Fermi or newer architecture and a working CUDA environment installation
A free, open source PCB editor for Microsoft Windows, FreePCB is easy to learn and use but enables electronics engineers to produce professional-quality work. If necessary, engineers can use the FreeRout web-based autorouter with FreePCB as it does not include an autorouter.
- 1-16 copper layers
- Board size up to 60 inches x 60 inches
- Uses English or metric units for most functions
- Copper fill areas
- Footprint Wizard and Footprint Editor for creating and modifying footprints
21. Mentor Graphics Xpedition
A leader in electronic design automation, Mentor Graphics PCB offers Xpedition, a PCB design software tool for electronics engineers. Billed as “the industry’s most innovative PCB design flow,” Xpedition includes unique, patented technologies to reduce design cycles by at least 50% while improving overall quality and resource efficiency.
- Multi-board systems design
- PCB virtual prototyping results in higher quality products faster
- Collaborative placement and routing of highly complex PCBs
- Capture, verify, and communicate design intent throughout the PCB design flow
- PCB data management with a single, integrated solution for WIP design and library management
- Get designs right the first time and meet PCB’s most demanding manufacturing process rulesets
Cost: Contact for a quote
ExpressPCB is a PCB design software tool that is easy to learn. This free tool is appropriate for beginner and professional electronics engineers, who benefit from the ExpressPCB community library while completing designs.
- For XP, Vista, and Windows 7/8.1/10
- Fully functionally and was to install
- Standardized Windows user interface
- You choose whether to draw a schematic first using the ExpressSCH program
- Design two or four layer boards
- Drag and drop features
- Instant quotes
- xCheck analyzes PCB designs to identify potential problems before manufacturing the board
23. Easy-PC PCB
From Number One Systems, Easy-PC PCB is ready-to-use PCB design software for electronics engineers. Teams and individuals choose Easy-PC PCB because it is a professional design tool that is cost effective and scalable.
- Easy to use
- Dedicated manned support
- Library management tools
- Library creation wizards
- 3D preview
- Automatic project versioning
- Create PCB designs without a schematic
- Design reuse
- Shape-based copper pour
- Fully integrated autorouters
- Easy-PC Integrated Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Unlimited Pins License: £497
- 2000 Pins License: £397
- 1000 Pins License: £297
TINA (Toolkit for Interactive Network Analysis) Design Suite, a powerful circuit simulation and PCB design software package, is available both offline and online for electronics engineers. From DesignSoft, TINA is powerful, yet affordable and is useful for analyzing, designing, and real-time testing analog, digital, HDL, MCU, and mixed electronic circuits and their PCB layouts.
- Easy to use
- High-performance tool
- Choose TINACloud for editing and running your circuit simulation designs online on PCs, Macs, thin clients, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, and ebook readers without any installation
- Fully integrated layout module includes all the features electronics engineers need for advanced PCB design, including multilayer PCBs with split power plane layers, powerful autoplacement and auto routing, rip-up and reroute, manual and follow-me trace placement, 3D views of your PCB design from any angle, and much more
- TINA 11.0 Design Suite Basic Edition, Single User: $129, Bundled with free TINACloud Basic registration for one year
- TINA 11.0 Design Suite Basic Plus Edition, Single User: $299, Bundled with free TINACloud Basic registration for one year
- TINA 11.0 Design Suite Classic Edition, Single User: $600, Bundled with free TINACloud Basic registration for one year
- TINA 11.0 Design Suite Industrial Version, Single User: $1200, Bundled with free TINACloud Industrial registration for one year
A free software tool to support designs, artists, hobbyists, and engineers work creatively with interactive electronics, Fritzing is an open-source hardware initiative. Fritzing also includes a community website and services for processing and Arduino to foster a creative community for documenting prototypes, sharing with one another, teaching electronics, and laying out and manufacturing professional PCBs.
- Get inspired by projects within the Fritzing community
- Ideal for beginners through professional engineers
- Use the Fritzing Fab to turn your PCB sketches into professional PCBs
EasyEDA is a web-based EDA, schematic capture, spice circuit simulation, and PCB layout tool for electronics engineers. The developers of EasyEDA set out to create a PCB design software tool that provides comprehensive data and collaboration tools to help engineers and designers move from idea to product more easily and quickly.
- Complete circuit simulation, PCB design, and electronic circuit design online
- Supports Mac, Linux, Windows, Android, and all other platforms by requiring zero installation and existing in a cross-platform environment for electronics engineers
- Powerful PCB layout and simulation capability with massive libraries of schematic components, PCB footprints and packages, spice simulation, and more
- Import designs from Eagle, Altium, KiCad, and LTspice
- Operate quickly and lay out PCB design quickly even with multiple layers and thousands of pads
From Labcenter Electronics, Proteus combines powerful features with ease of use to help electronics engineers design, test, and lay out professional PCBs incredibly quickly and easily. Proteus is intuitive and includes a world-class shape-based autorouter, making it a complete software design tool for modern engineers.
- Nearly 800 microcontroller variants ready for simulation right from the schematic
- Professional PCB layout package
- Combines schematic capture and ARES PCB layout programs to be a powerful, integrated suite of tools for professional PCB design
- Complete functionality yet featuring a simple, clean user interface and tight integration with schematic design
- Design capacity scales with the product range, which allows electronics engineers to choose the Proteus product right for you
- Proteus PCB Design Level 1, 500 pins in Netlist: $248
- Proteus PCB Design Level 1, 1000 pins in Netlist: $487
- Proteus PCB Design Level 1, 2000 pins in Netlist: $652
- Proteus PCB Design Level 2+, 1000 pins in Netlist: $982
- Proteus PCB Design Level 2+, 2000 pins in Netlist: $1642
- Proteus PCB Design Level 2+, Unlimited pins in Netlist: $2022
Upverter is a leader in cloud-based PCB design tools, and they attribute their success to empowering engineers by equipping them with world-class technology, knowledge, and support. With the power of collaborative tools, electronics engineers find a speedier design process that saves time and reduce board errors.
- Upverter Parts Concierge eliminates the need for you to create and verify schematic symbols and footprints and allows you to focus on your design
- On-demand part verification removes the risk of symbol and footprint errors
- Centralized library management
- Growing component library with verified parts from Texas Instruments, Broadcom, Atmel, Cypress Semiconductor, and countless others
Cost: FREE trial available
- Starter: FREE
- Professional: $100/user/month billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact for a quote
29. Circuit Wizard
A PCB design software tool that combines circuit design, PCB design, simulation, and CAD/CAM manufacturing in one package, Circuit Wizard is available in educational, standard, and professional editions. The professional edition integrates the entire design process to give electronics engineers the tools necessary for producing a project from start to finish.
- Includes on-screen testing of the PCB prior to construction
- 500-1500+ models in component library
- ANSI an DIN symbols
- Off-board components
- Interactive PCB layout simulation
- Breadboard simulation
- On-screen animation
- Automatic PCB routing
Cost: Contact for a quote
Available on Sourceforge, TinyCAD is an open-source program for drawing electrical circuit diagrams, or schematic drawings. TinyCAD is a PCB design software tool of choice for electronics engineers who want a solution that supports standard and custom symbol libraries and supports PCB layout programs with several netlist formats.
- Often used to draw one-line diagrams, block diagrams, and presentation drawings
- Flat or hierarchical schematic entry
- Includes many popular PCB layout-compatible netlist formats
- Convenient support for embedding graphical images in drawings
AutoTRAX DEX PCB is an integrated PCB design software and EDA for electronics engineers. Rapidly and easily move from design to production with this PCB design software tool that includes a hierarchical project manager.
- Perform both top-down and bottom-up design and reuse design components and sub-systems
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Unified electronic design software with unmatched ability to design and build current and future generations of electronic products
- Ensures your design remains correct without dangling wires or PCB design rule violations
- Quickly proceed from design to production with a populated PCB without leaving the AutoTRAX program
- Use auto routing or a combination of automatic and manual routing to complete all electrical wiring
32. NI Multisim
From National Instruments, NI Multisim is powerful circuit design software that is an advanced, industry-standard, best-in-class SPICE simulation environment used by electronics engineers around the globe. Multisim also is appropriate for educators and students.
- Analyze analog, digital, and power electronics
- All-new parameter analysis
- Integration with new embedded targets
- Simplified design with user-definable templates
- Over 6,000 new components from leading manufacturers
- Integrated with NI Ultiboard for a quick layout and prototyping design flow
- Multisim Base Edition for Windows: $1,617
- Multisim Full Edition for Windows: $2,826
- Multisim Power Pro Edition for Windows: $4,186
33. Zuken CR-8000
Zuken provides software solutions for PCB design, designing electrical wiring from schematic to cable harness and panel layout, and e-PLM. Electronics engineers choose Zuken CR-8000 when they require advanced PCB design software with a product-centric 3D PCB design platform.
- Multi-site ECAD library and data
- 2D/3D multi-board PCB design
- Design exploration to bridge the gap between marketing requirements and detailed design
- 3D ECAD/MCAD convergence
- Chip-package-board co-design
- FPGA pin optimization
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote
34. PCB Creator
Bay Area Circuits is a PCB manufacturer specializing in quick-turn prototyping for businesses, designers, makers, and hobbyists. Their PCB Creator is a free PCB layout and schematic capture software that is the perfect solution for electronics engineers who want a powerful design tool without spending a lot of money.
- PCB design software for creating 2-4 layer custom PCBs with integrated pricing and ordering options
- Simple to learn
- Easy-to-use manual and automatic routing tools
- Component and pattern editors for making new parts and footprints
- Import and export custom PCB designs and libraries with other EDA tools
- Use schematic capture
- Preview designs in 3D
- Powered by the DipTrace platform
Cost: FREE, with paid upgrades to DipTrace available
Pulsonix PCB is a global EDA company specializing in schematic capture and PCB design software. Electronics engineers improve their electronic design process with Pulsonix’s advanced, yet affordable PCB design software tool.
- QSchematic capture includes the feature-rich toolset within the Pulsonix Schematic Editor
- Sophisticated, fully integrated PCB design with intelligent features to aid complex day-to-day PCB design
- Carefully designed to ensure maximum productivity with minimal engineer input time
- Rule creation, component placement, routing modes, and post-processing capability to significantly reduce design time
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote
36. PADS PCB Design Software
From Mentor Graphics, PADS PCB Design Software is a powerful PCB tool for electronics engineers that allows for the easy design of printed circuit boards. PADS allows for robust rules hierarchy, powerful interactive routings nd advanced features like physical design reuse.
- Built-in DFF
- Automatic routing
- High-speed interactive routing
- 3D visualization and placement
- Easy, effective interactive routing
- Easily create split planes and copper areas
- Advanced features and capabilities that speed lay out of most complex design
Cost: FREE trial of PADS Standard Plus available; Contact for a quote
37. Allegro PCB Designer
A leading global EDA and semiEDA company, Cadence enables electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of ICs and electronics. Electronics engineers turn to Cadence’s Allegro PCB Designer when they require a more predictable, shorter design cycle.
- Comprehensive in-design inter-layer checking technology to minimize design-check-redesign iterations
- Dynamic concurrent-team-design capability to accelerate product creation time
- Utilizes material inlay fabrication techniques to reduce material costs
- Embedded Sigrity technology ensures critical signals meet performance criteria and power integrity for PCB designers to address power delivery and IR drop issues efficiently to eliminate time-consumer iteration with PI experts
Cost: Contact for a quote
An EDA software package or automated design of electronic products, EDWinXP is the PCB designing and SPICE-based software tool from Visionics. An integrated PCB design software tool for electronics engineers, EDWinXP covers every stage of the design process, from schematic capture to PCB manufacturing and testing.
- Stores complete design information in the integrated project and is accessible by Schematic Design Editor, PCB Layout Editor, Fabrication Output Manger, and Simulators
- Analyze and validate the functionality and behavior of circuits captured in the form of schematic diagrams
- Fully automatic front and back annotation of all design changes
- Includes an extensive part library that may be updated, customized, and enhanced via the Library Editor
- EdWinXP 2.10 – Schematic, Commercial: $450
- EdWinXP – Standard, Commercial: $800
- EdWinXP – Deluxe, Commercial: $1,200
- EdWinXP – Professional, Commercial: $3,200
- EdWinXP 2.10 – Schematic, Small Biz License: $225
- EdWinXP – Standard, Small Biz License: $800
- EdWinXP – Deluxe, Small Biz License: $1,200
- EdWinXP – Professional, Small Biz License: $1,600
- EdWinXP 2.10 – Schematic, Non-Commercial: $45
- EdWinXP 2.10 – Standard, Non-Commercial: $160
- EdWinXP 2.10 – Deluxe, Non-Commercial: $240
- EdWinXP – Professional, Non-Commercial: $320
Zuken’s software solutions for electronics engineers include CADSTAR, a desktop PCB design software. This complete design environment takes engineers from their initial ideas through product creation, thanks to its unified suite of applications.
- Brings high-performance PCB layout to the engineer’s desktop
- Provides a fast, efficient way of capturing electronic design intent, rules, and constraints for smooth, error-free transition to PCB layout
- PCB analysis and verification
- Efficient library management
Cost: FREE trial of CADSTAR Express; Contact for a quote and for other CADSTAR products
40. Osmond PCB
Osmond PCB is a PCB design software tool for electronics engineers using Macs. This PCB design tool gives users power and flexibility and eliminates artificial limits and restrictions to enable the design of boards of any size and shape and with as many layers as needed.
- Spatial resolution of 10 nanometers for precision
- Place parts anywhere on the board with any orientation
- Run traces of any with along any path and at any angle
- Supports both metric and imperial unit, even on the same design
- Integrated parts editor for easily defining new part types or modifying existing part types
- FREE for small designs with fewer than 700 pins
- OsmondCocoa 1.1.1: $79
41. Pantheon PCB Layout Software
Intercept Technology, Inc. is a leading supplier of technology-independent PCB, hybrid, and RF design and layout software. Their Pantheon PCB Layout Software is an ideal PCB design software tool for electronics engineers because it offers an easy-to-use interface with basic to advanced design options for increased productivity and efficiency.
- Advanced PCB layout software with specialized RF and hybrid design flows
- For design teams of all sizes
- Scalable, affordable PCB layout solution
- Geometry generation
- Component placement and routing
- Flexible area fill creation and manipulation
- Automatic test point generation
- Split power planes
- Artwork creation/verification
Cost: Contact for a quote
CometCAD is a schematic capture and PCB layout editor tool that is designed for electronics engineers using Windows. The PCB layout editor enables users to create rectangular multi-PCB panels and utilize PCB borders with polygon shapes.
- 1/2 copper layers
- Internal resolution of one micrometer
- Copper planes and design rule checks
- Adjust trace width between corner points
- Milled PCB gaps/cuts and round holes are possible
- Level 1, maximum of 2 schematic sheets and 250 package pins: FREE
- Level 2, maximum of 20 schematic sheets and 500 package pins: $67
- Level 3, maximum of 1,000 schematic sheets and 1,000 package pins: $134
VUTRAAX is a major professional electronics schematic and PCB design package from the UK. VUTRAX is supported on Windows, and an unsupported Linux version is available to work with most x86 based distributions. Electronics engineers choose VUTRAX because it is scalable, features integrated schematic capture, and offers true WYSIWYG operation throughout.
- Design for modern PCB technology including surface mount, gluespots, blind and buried vias, microvias, components on both sides, pick and place, and more
- Bidirectional modification with integrity
- Select auto routers from orthogonal, ripup and retry, and shape-based styles
- Online and offline design validation
- Extensive libraries of schematic symbols and component footprints are included3D view of the PCB
- VUTRAX Extended Custom: £4850
- VUTRAX Standard Custom: £2048
- VUTRAX Bureau Bundle: £2500
44. Microstrip Impedance Calculator
A premier electrical engineering community for hardware designers, EEWeb offers Microstrip Impedance. This handy PCB design tool does not require any installation or downloads, as it is a web-based PCB microstrip impedance calculator. Simple and useful, this PCB design tool is one electronics engineers should bookmark to use for their next design.
- Properly build structures to meet your needs by understanding the microstrip transmission line
- Use modeling approximation to design the microstrip trace
- Forumla based on Wheeler’s equation
A powerful, yet easy-to-use PCB design package, CIRCAD includes all of the tools for circuit design and manufacturing that modern electronics engineers require. CIRCAD includes schematic capture, netlist generation, PCB layout, copper pour, design rule checking, several manufacturing output formats, and standard component libraries.
- Easily accomplish more complex circuits with one set of signal names common to all schematic sheets
- Multi-sheet schematics produce multiple net lists merged by the PCB editor
- Manual routing or autorouting
- Floods restricted areas and has individual clearance parameters for each different element type
- DRC function enables engineers to verify correctness of circuit interconnections and ensure adequate clearances between various elements
- CIRCAD V6: $995
- CIRCAD V5: $995
- CIRCAD V4: $695
46. Eurocircuits Online PCB Data Verification Tools
Eurocircuits is an online PCB prototype and small series specialists working to help cut designers’ and engineers’ time to market with fast and easy PCB procurement. Their online PCB data verification tools give electronics engineers additional piece of mind by enabling them to verify PCB data prior to placing orders.
- PCB Visualizer – Automatic tool for data input and manufacturability analysis
- PCB Checker – Shows design rule issues detected on layouts
- PCB Solver – Online repair tools help users quickly and simply fix common production data issues before placing an order