- In most situations we prefer files created in vector format from programs such as Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw.
- Instead of working with files such as .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .gif, etc., we prefer to receive the files in the native program in which they were created, assuming we use that program (see programs we use below). If you can only send this type of file, please refer to the next bullet points.
- For jobs requiring 4-color process printing, files in raster format (CMYK), from programs such as Photoshop are acceptable. Our ability to edit these files is limited, so much of the preliminary work must be done by you.
- Raster files should be saved at 300 dpi or greater at the actual size they are printing. If the final printed size is less than 2 inches, please provide a file at twice (200%) the size.
- For raster files, please include a .125” bleed for colors that extend to the edge of the part.
- We do not accept Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, or Visio files as acceptable artwork.
- Artwork that will be digitally printed by us should be supplied in CMYK color mode, not RGB.
Helpful Information Regarding Fonts
- Please supply the font files for fonts that are used in your artwork. If you are using Type 1 fonts, send both the screen and printer font files, or convert the fonts to curves (when using CorelDraw) or outlines (when using Illustrator).
- When files are sent with fonts converted to curves/outlines, we cannot edit the text, but you will get exactly the look you see on your PC monitor.
- If you are using a program that allows for linked images, please make sure you also send the files containing the linked images, and any font files that are used in the linked images.
Please note that if the guidelines and tips described above are not followed, delays could result in generating your proofs. It may also result in Pannam having to “clean up” or modify your artwork, possibly resulting in additional charges.
Programs We Use
- CorelDraw (.cdr)
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
- PhotoShop (.psd)
- Corel PhotoPaint (.cpt)
- AutoCAD LT (.dwg, .dxf)
- Inventor LT (.idw, .dwg)
Color Standards We Use
- Pantone Color Bridge (for digital and 4-color process printing)
- Pantone Matching System Formula Guide
- RAL K7 Classic
- Federal Standard 595B
Proofing Your Artwork
Our standard procedure is to email you a color .pdf file. This proof will be exactly what we plan to print, and you should carefully review it. The colors shown in your electronic proof will be close approximations of your specified color(s), but should not be used for color matching purposes.
Please note that while we make every effort to create the artwork exactly to your requirements, it is your responsibility to verify we have accurately interpreted your design. Also, the due date for your approval of the returned proof is critical to maintaining your project’s production schedule.
Still Have Questions?
If you need additional information, please email us at email@example.com. You may also phone us at
Components & Options
The integration of custom components to your membrane switch assembly can often add significant functionality and enhance the user experience when operating your equipment.
Some of the more common components are:
- Custom Backlighting & Visual Feedback
- Custom Graphic Overlays with specialty printing and embossing features
- Custom Support Panels to add structural integrity to the assembly
Contact Pannam now regarding your membrane switch assembly project.